- Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 10:00 AM
- Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 10:00 AM
Show Hours: 10am -9pm daily
Vendor room: 9am for pre-registrants, closes at 5pm.
Tickets: One day - $6 Two days - $10
Crowne Plaza Hotel 1441 NE 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97232
Wonder Northwest is a brand new Comics & Pop Culture Expo being held on May 14th and 15th, 2011. Wonder Northwest will fill a void in the local convention scene by presenting a wider and all encompassing presentation of geek and pop culture than the more specialized comic, anime, gaming and other shows in the area.
Special Guest will include:
- Comic book international superstars Craig Thompson, Tim Seeley, Kurt Halsey, Paul Guinan and Anina Bennett.
- Podcaster, TV Personality and Author Rick Emerson will be promoting his Penguin Books release Zombie Economics.
- Guz Lopez and Skot Kirkwood, who are both internationally recognized experts in the field of Star Wars geekdom.
- Local USA Today best-selling author Andy Mangels who will host a "Gays in Comics" panel
Other offerings include:
- Costume contest with celebrity judges, prizes, and multiple judging categories.
- "Lolita"* Fashion Show (*Japanese street fashion).
- Vendor hall featuring a variety of toys, comics, vintage collectibles, games and more.
- The annual Portland Zombie Walk who will also be collecting food donations for the Oregon Food Bank at the show.
When each day's festivities are over, attendees can visit a special after party put on by local businesses. Saturday's party will be hosted by The Lovecraft bar, and Sunday's will be a very special repeat performance of Critical Hit Burlesque's Geeklesque! performance at the Bossanova Ballroom.For more information please visit Wonder Northwest's website.